Friday, February 2, 2018

High 5 Weekly Career Transitions Roundup: 6 Ways to Make Better Decisions



This is our weekly roundup of some of the best career-related articles, interviews, blogs, etc., we've read during the week. We share them so you have some great resources to prepare you for the coming week. Enjoy!
  • 6 Ways to Make Better Decisions: "The best solutions come by spending more time defining the problem. Clarifying the problem, goal or objective crystalizes the information search."
  • 9-5 is Out. Try the 1-6 Instead: "Being committed to the three things I outlined above has shown me, clearly, that my eight-plus hour work days were really just five hour work days dragged out over eight hours."
  • 4 Habits of People Who are Always Learning New Skills: "But those who persevere generally have their eye on a larger prize — a new job, a promotion, or the chance to lead a project. I encourage people to determine a specific career objective and keep it front of mind as they learn."
  • 3 Ways to Avoid a Nasty Breakup When Quitting Your Job: "I have often gone into telling my boss that I’m quitting with a copy of my resignation letter, which has helped me to stay professional and focused since it can be used like a script. Then make sure that it gets sent to your superiors and HR."

No comments:

Post a Comment